We love masala. This masala blend is a healthier version to our classic masala, using pea protein instead of coconut cream. The pea protein adds a creaminess to the sauce and with the chickpeas as well it is a super protein hit.
It’s fairly mild, so if you prefer your masala hot… add extra chillis. Couple with plain rice for a simple and quick, healthy vegan meal.
Method: Making Your Curry
1) Heat dry wok and add spices to warm until aromatic… remove from heat and leave to cool
2) Heat oil in wok and add roughly chopped onions… lightly brown the onions
3) Add ready cooked chickpeas, spices, salt and pepper and mix
4) Mix water and pea protein
5) Add water/pea protein mix to wok, bring to boil then lower heat and simmer
6) Remove from heat after a few minutes and either serve right away or cover and leave to marinade while you prepare the the rest of the meal and/or eat your popadoms
7) When ready just quickly return to heat to warm up and serve with love
Enjoying Curry with family: Elle with her Brother and Nephew
Who Enjoyed Your Masala?
Comment Below & Let Us Know